States of Mind: Dan and Lila Perjovschi by Duke University Museum of Art,U.S. (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.10Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $37.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStates of Mind: Dan and Lia Perjovschi accompanies the mid-career retrospective of the work of Romanian artists Dan Perjovschi and Lia Perjovschi at the Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University. Born in 1961 and educated in Romania, Dan and Lia Perjovschi create work that resides at the nexus of art, society, and politics; both artists belong to the first avant-garde movement following the 1989 Romanian Revolution. Dan Perjovschi is internationally rewned for large-scale drawing installations commenting on current events, cultural paradoxes, and art world institutions and practices. Lia Perjovschi was recognized as one of the most significant performance artists in Romania between 1987 and 2003 when she stopped performing, and w kwn as a conceptual artist analyzing cultural and historical formations.This richly illustrated book contains more than 350 color and black and white images of paintings, sculptures, drawings, photographs, videos, installations, and conceptual art from 1986 to the present, as well work from a recent installation of Dan Perjovschi's at the Museum of Modern Art in New York. It also contains an original text by the artists, AutoChrology, which is a timeline of their life to the present; and the most comprehensive bibliography on the artists to date.Three essays discuss the artists: a substantial survey text by art historian and curator Kristine Stiles, the leading scholar on the Perjovschi's art; ather by Romanian-American author and National Public Radio commentator Andrei Codrescu; and a third by Romanian scholar, curator and recipient of the 1996 Carl Einstein Prize for Art Criticism in Germany, Marius Babias. The catalog includes interviews with each artist by Romanian-American art historian and curator of photography at the Museum of Modern Art, Roxana Marcoci, and by Kristine Stiles.
- Author Biography
Kristine Stiles, Curator of the Nasher exhibition, is Professor of Art, Art History & Visual Studies at Duke University. She is coeditor Theories and Documents of Contemporary Art: A Sourcebook of Artists' Writings.
- PublisherDuke University Museum of Art,U.S.
- Date of Publication25/08/2007
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationDurham, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Museum of Art,U.S.
- Content Note361 illustrations
- Weight1043 g
- Width220 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byKristine Stiles
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.