All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStates of Mind presents a series of dialogues with twenty-two of the world's leading political, philosophical, and literary thinkers. Over the past decade, Richard Kearney has interviewed a range of table figures, including Julia Kristeva, Jacques Derrida, George Steiner, Charles Taylor, Herbert Marcuse, Seamus Heaney, Jorge Luis Borges, Noam Chomsky, Miroslav Holub, Jean-Frais Lyotard, Hans-Georg Gadamer, Umberto Eco, Neal Ascherson, Emmanuel Levinas, Marina Warner, Paul Ricoeur, Edward Said, Stanilas Breton, Martha Nussbaum, and Vaclav Havel. Each of these critics has helped to shape the most pressing debates of the century in areas such as ethics, art, language, psychology national and international identity, and religion. This searching and lively exchange of ideas, reflecting a multitude of provocative and exciting visions, acts as an introduction to the work of each thinker. The volume addresses issues on a global scale and makes some of the most pioneering and influential thinkers of our time available for the first time to a general readership.
- Author BiographyRichard Kearneyis a professor of philosophy at University College Dublin and Visiting European Professor at Boston College.
- Author(s)Richard Kearney
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication31/08/1995
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.