All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionCan you find love in Love, Virginia? Is there inspiration in Inspiration, Arizona? Brad Herzog took stock of his Generation X lifestyle and didn't like what he discovered. So he and his wife emptied their bank accounts, packed everything into a Winnebago, and set a course for a fabled America they weren't sure existed. What began as a literal search for the small places on the map became a figurative examination of the small places of the heart, a quest for virtues lost amid negativity and disillusionment. From Justice, West Virginia, where one-half the population descends from the Hatfields and McCoys, to Harmony, California, a town that's up for sale and can be yours for the right price, States Of Mind eloquently and intelligently brings into focus an American psyche often blurred by intersecting cultures -- and is, ultimately, an unforgettable journey all its own.
- Author BiographyBrad Herzog, a graduate of Cornell University, is a former newspaper reporter and a frequent contributor to various national magazines. His memorable appearance on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, during which he discussed States Of Mind, made him an overnight sensation. Brad lives in Pacific Grove, California, with his wife, Amy, who took the photos that appear in this book.
- Author(s)Brad Herzog
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication23/04/2001
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPocket Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width134 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.