Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionA critical assessment of Herbert Croly's influential account of Abraham Lincoln in his 1909 book, The Promise of American Life, which argued that Progressivism was a continuation of the spirit of Lincoln's political thought. This book argues for the first time that Croly's praise of Lincoln is highly problematic.
- Author BiographyJ. David Alvis is Professor of political science at Wofford College, USA. His research interests include the presidency, the Progressive era of American politics, and constitutional law. Jason R. Jividen is Assistant Professor of Politics at Saint Vincent College, USA where he also serves as Fellow in Civic and Constitutional Affairs at The Center for Political and Economic Thought.
- Author(s)J Alvis,J Jividen
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Pivot
- Content Notebiography
- Weight140 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.