All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRobotic manipulators are becoming increasingly important in research and industry, and an understanding of statics and kinematics is essential to solving problems of robotics. This book, written by an eminent researcher and practitioner, provides a thorough introduction to statics and first-order instantaneous kinematics with applications to robotics. The emphasis is on serial and parallel planar manipulators and mechanisms. The text differs from others in that it is based solely upon the concepts of classical geometry. It describes how to introduce linear springs into the connectors of parallel manipulators and to provide a proper geometric method for controlling the force and motion of a rigid lamina. Both students and practising engineers will find this book easy to follow, with a clearly written text and abundant illustrations, as well as exercises and real-world projects to work on.
- Author(s)Joseph Duffy
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/05/1996
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note114 b/w illus.
- Weight430 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.