All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis beautifully designed book shows how the seemingly mundane objects that populate desks and cubicles everywhere are w being re-imagined as collector's items. And as today's trendsetting artists and designers are increasingly returning to n-digital techniques and methods, letterpress stationery, typewriters, and ink pens have developed the cache of vintage fashion and cars. Stationery Fever showcases the plethora of retro and fine office goods being produced and sold around the world. Organized like your favourite stationery store-pencils, pens, tebooks, erasers, greeting cards, school supplies, etc.- it features exquisitely photographed objects that transcend the decades since laptops took over most of our office needs. Each chapter highlights distinct objects and features a store that specialises in that category. Along the way, readers will learn the history of the lined tebook, the proper way to sharpen a pencil, and the story of how postcards came to be. Whether you're stuffing a college backpack or decorating your home office, this book will appeal to lovers of lo-fi and bespoke objects alike.
- Author BiographyJOHN Z. KOMURKI is a writer and editor. He has curated an experimental typography exhibition, and is founder of the digital press, Mexico City Lit. ANGELA NICOLETTI is a writer and editor living in Berlin.LUCA BENDANDI is the head of Vetro Editions, a leading producer of books on art, design, and technology, based in Berlin.
- Date of Publication14/09/2016
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note230 colour illustrations
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
- Edited byAngela Nicoletti,John Z. Komurki,Luca Bendandi
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.