All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionComprehensive and engaging, this colourful study covers the whole sweep of ritual history from the earliest written records to the present day. From May Day revels and Midsummer fires, to Harvest Home and Hallowe'en, to the twelve days of Christmas, Ronald Hutton takes us on a fascinating journey through the ritual year in Britain. He challenges many common assumptions about the customs of the past, and debunks many myths surrounding festivals of the present, to illuminate the history of the calendar year we live by today.
- Author BiographyRonald Hutton is Reader in History at the University of Bristol.
- Author(s)Ronald Hutton
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2001
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford Paperbacks
- Content Note1 figure, 5 maps
- Weight409 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.