All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe book presents the application of statistical methods to climatological data on temperature and precipitation. It provides specific techniques for treating series of yearly, monthly and daily records. The results' potential relevance in the climate context is discussed. The methodical tools are taken from time series analysis, from periodogram and wavelet analysis, from correlation and principal component analysis, and from categorical data and event-time analysis. The applied models are - among others - the ARIMA and GARCH model, and inhomogeneous Poisson processes. Further, we deal with a number of special statistical topics, e.g. the problem of trend-, season- and autocorrelation-adjustment, and with simultaneous statistical inference. Programs in R and data sets on climate series, provided at the author's homepage, enable readers (statisticians, meteorologists, other natural scientists) to perform their own exercises and discover their own applications.
- Author BiographyHelmut Pruscha, Professor for Mathematics, has served as Academic Director at the University of Munich's Institute of Mathematics. Before doing so, he had worked for many years as a statistician at a Max-Planck-Institute for neurobiology. His research interests include topics concerning applied statistics and mathematical statistics, especially categorical time series and point processes. He has published several textbooks in German.
- Author(s)Helmut Pruscha
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication30/10/2012
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight444 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.