All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the second edition of the successful textbook written by the prize-winning scientist Andreas Ziegler, former President of the German Chapter of the International Biometric Society, and Inke Konig, who has been teaching the subject over many years. The book gives a comprehensive introduction into the relevant statistical methods in genetic epidemiology. The second edition is thoroughly revised, partly rewritten and includes w chapters on segregation analysis, twin studies and estimation of heritability. The book is ideally suited for advanced students in epidemiology, genetics, statistics, bioinformatics and biomathematics. Like in the first edition the book contains many problems and solutions and it comes w optionally with an e-learning course created by Friedrich Pahlke. This e-learning course has been developed to complement the book. Both provide a unique support tool for teaching the subject.
- Author BiographyAfter studying statistics and mathematics at the University of Munich and obtaining his doctoral degree from the University of Dortmund, Andreas Ziegler received the Johann-Peter-Sussmilch-Medal of the German Association for Medical Informatics, Biometry and Epidemiology for his post-doctoral work on Model Free Linkage Analysis of Quantitative Traits in 1999. In 2004, he was one of the recipients of the Fritz-Linder-Forum-Award from the German Association for Surgery. Andreas Ziegler is head of the Institute for Medical Biometry and Statistics at the University Clinic Schleswig-Holstein in Lubeck, an acknowledged center of excellence for genetic epidemiological methods. Currently he is President of the German Region of the International Biometric Society. Inke R. Konig studied psychology at the universities of Marburg (Germany) as a scholar of the German National Academic Foundation and Dundee (Scotland) with a grant from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). She has done research work at the Institute of Medical Biometry and Epidemiology in Marburg and since 2001 at the Institute of Medical Biometry and Statistics in Lubeck. In 2004, she became vice director of the latter and also received the Fritz-Linder-Forum-Award from the German Association for Surgery. Besides holding the certificate Biometrics in Medicine , she has collected teaching experience since 1998 as a lecturer for biomathematics, behavioural genetics, clinical epidemiology, genetic epidemiology, and evidence-based medicine. Friedrich Pahlke is Dipl. Inf. at the Institute for Medical Biometry and Statistics at the University Clinic Schleswig-Holstein in Lubeck. He has created the e-learning course which is optionally available with the book.
- Author(s)Andreas R. Ziegler,Friedrich Pahlke,Inke R. Koenig
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication24/03/2010
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight988 g
- Width171 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.