All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book discusses the computational approach in modern statistical physics in a clear yet accessible way, and works out its intimate relations with other approaches in theoretical physics. Individual chapters focus on subjects as diverse as the hard sphere liquid, classical spin models, single quantum particles and Bose-Einstein condensation. They contain in-depth discussions of algorithms ranging from basic enumeration methods to modern Monte Carlo techniques. The emphasis is on orientation. Discussions of implementation details are kept to a minimum. The book heavily relies on illustrations, tables and concise printed algorithms to convey key information: all the material remains easily accessible. The book is fully self-contained: graphs and tables can be readily reproduced by programming at most a few dozen lines of computer code. Most sections lead from an elementary discussion to the rich and difficult problems of contemporary computational and statistical physics, and will be of interest to a wide range of students, teachers and researchers in physics and the neighboring sciences. An accompanying CD allows to incorporate the layout material (illustrations, tables, schematic programs) into the reader's own presentations.
- Author BiographyWerner Krauth is Professor of Physics at the Laboratoire de Physique Statistique, Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris, and Director of Research at the CNRS, France.
- Author(s)Werner Krauth
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication14/09/2006
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleOxford Master Series in Physics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 13
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note260 line drawings, 13 halftones
- Weight839 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.