All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis mograph, suitable for use as an advanced text, presents the statistical mechanics of solids from the perspective of the material properties of the solid state. The statistical mechanics are developed as a tool for understanding properties and each chapter includes useful exercises to illustrate the topics covered. Topics discussed include the theory of the harmonic crystal, the theory of free electrons in metal and semiconductors, electron transport, alloy ordering, surfaces and polymers.
- Author BiographyLouis A. Girifalco is Professor of Materials Science at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Louis A. Girifalco
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication21/07/2005
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleMonographs on the Physics & Chemistry of Materials
- Series Part/Volume Number58
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2005
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note74 line illus
- Weight737 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.