Statistical Methods for Forecasting by Johannes Ledolter, Bovas Abraham (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $155.42Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $77.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Wiley-Interscience Paperback Series consists of selected books that have been made more accessible to consumers in an effort to increase global appeal and general circulation. With these new unabridged softcover volumes, Wiley hopes to extend the lives of these works by making them available to future generations of statisticians, mathematicians, and scientists. This book, it must be said, lives up to the words on its advertising cover: 'Bridging the gap between introductory, descriptive approaches and highly advanced theoretical treatises, it provides a practical, intermediate level discussion of a variety of forecasting tools, and explains how they relate to one ather, both in theory and practice.' It does just that! -Journal of the Royal Statistical Society A well-written work that deals with statistical methods and models that can be used to produce short-term forecasts, this book has wide-ranging applications. It could be used in the context of a study of regression, forecasting, and time series analysis by PhD students; or to support a concentration in quantitative methods for MBA students; or as a work in applied statistics for advanced undergraduates. -Choice Statistical Methods for Forecasting is a comprehensive, readable treatment of statistical methods and models used to produce short-term forecasts. The interconnections between the forecasting models and methods are thoroughly explained, and the gap between theory and practice is successfully bridged. Special topics are discussed, such as transfer function modeling; Kalman filtering; state space models; Bayesian forecasting; and methods for forecast evaluation, comparison, and control. The book provides time series, autocorrelation, and partial autocorrelation plots, as well as examples and exercises using real data. Statistical Methods for Forecasting serves as an outstanding textbook for advanced undergraduate and graduate courses in statistics, business, engineering, and the social sciences, as well as a working reference for professionals in business, industry, and government.
- Author BiographyBOVAS ABRAHAM, PhD, is Associate Professor in the Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science at the University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. He is a Fellow of the American Statistical Association, and a member of the Statistical Society of Canada and the Royal Statistical Society. Dr. Abraham received his PhD in statistics from the University of Wisconsin Madison. JOHANNES LEDOLTER, PhD, is Associate Professor in both the Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science and the Department of Management Sciences at the University of Iowa. He is a Fellow of the American Statistical Association and a member of the International Statistical Institute. Dr. Ledolter is coauthor of Statistical Quality Control: Strategies and Tools for Continual Improvement and Achieving Quality Through Continual Improvement, both published by Wiley. He received his PhD in statistics from the University of Wisconsin Madison.
- Author(s)Bovas Abraham,Johannes Ledolter
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication21/10/2005
- Series TitleWiley Series in Probability and Statistics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight676 g
- Width156 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.