Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionStatistical Methods for Industrial Process Control was written to provide working engineers and engineering students with the statistical tools they must understand to practice engineering effectively. Statistical principles are illus- trated with authentic semiconductor manufacturing processes examples-a prac- tice that enables experienced engineers to build upon existing kwledge to leam new skills, and that introduces students to a fascinating industry. Integrated circuit fabrication is an exceeding rich medium for communicating statistical concepts: the industry must perform to extraordinary tolerances- controlling film thickness to within 5 A, for example. Semiconductor develop- ment is driven by frenzied invation and worldwide competition, so process equipment and metrology must exploit the boundaries of physics, chemistry, and industrial engineering kwledge. A wide variety of statistical concepts can be exercised in the context of semiconductor fabrication, and once learned, they can easily be applied to other industries. This text emphasizes the application of statistical tools, rather than statistical theory. Modem advances in statistical software have made tedious computations and formula memorization unnecessary, so engineers with kwledge of a few statistical tools can competently practice statistics within the context of their profession. Software use is demonstrated throughout the book to promote better under- standing through graphical and statistical analysis. A statistical software appen- dix gives example SASI programs sufficient to perform the analyses in the text. 2 Some examples are shown with Minitab as well. I SAS is a trademark of SAS Institute Inc., SAS Campus Drive, Cary, NC 27513.
- Author(s)David C. Drain
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/04/2013
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Out-of-print date19/06/2014
- Content Notebiography
- Weight724 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1997
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.