All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is intended for use in the elementary statistics course in Educa- tion or in Psychology. While it is primarily designed for use in the first semester of a two-semester course, it may also be used in a one-semester course. There are t five or ten competing texts; the number is much closer to fifty or a hundred. Why, then, should we write still ather one? A new statistics text for use in Education and Psychology is, to some slight extent, comparable to a new translation or edition of the Bible. Most of it has been said before-but this time with a difference. The present writers realize that elementary statistics students kw very little about the subject-even the meaning of I is all Greek to them. This text covers the basic course in depth, with examples using real data from the real world. It, of course, contains the usual reference tables and several new ones; it gives the appropriate formulas every time; and it accurately depicts all graphs. It is so comprehensive that if instructors can't find their own special areas of interest covered, then those interests probably don't belong in a basic text.
- Author(s)A.K. Kurtz,S.T. Mayo
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/11/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight848 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1979
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.