CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents selected papers on statistical model development related mainly to the fields of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics. The coverage of the material falls squarely into the following categories: (a) Survival analysis and multivariate survival analysis, (b) Time series and longitudinal data analysis, (c) Statistical model development and (d) Applied statistical modelling. Invations in statistical modelling are presented throughout each of the four areas, with some intriguing new ideas on hierarchical generalized n-linear models and on frailty models with structural dispersion, just to mention two examples. The contributors include distinguished international statisticians such as Philip Hougaard, John Hinde, Il Do Ha, Roger Payne and Alessandra Durio, among others, as well as promising newcomers. Some of the contributions have come from researchers working in the BIO-SI research programme on Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, centred on the Universities of Limerick and Galway in Ireland and funded by the Science Foundation Ireland under its Mathematics Initiative.
- Author BiographyProfessor Gilbert MacKenzie has a research background in Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Mathematical Statistics. His current research interests include multivariate survival modelling, frailty modelling and covariance modelling. He has published a wide range of research papers and reports and is a past President of the Irish Statistical Association. He holds an adjunct Professorship in Statistics in the University of Limerick and was a visiting Professor in Statistics at ENSAI, France, from 2010 to 2011. Professor Defen Peng was a visiting Professor in Statistics and senior Research Fellow in the BIO-SI research programme at Limerick from 2009 to 2010. Professor Peng originally worked in the field of Economics at Zhongnan University of Economics and Law, PRC. She has published widely and is currently pursuing several areas of Statistics, such as: survival analysis with frailty, bivariate survival analysis, and the stability of regression models with categorical covariates.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication07/10/2016
- Series TitleContributions to Statistics
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note46 black & white illustrations, 2 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight403 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byDefen Peng,Gilbert Mackenzie
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2014
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.