All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStatistical designs, sample surveys and evaluation designs are fundamental tools for solving queries related to population parameters and the effects of public programs and policies. This book explores the concepts of effective sampling and evaluation techniques in a cohesive and concise manner. Sampling design techniques, including simple random sampling, stratified sampling, systematic sampling and cluster sampling, are presented in detail. These techniques play a vital role when choosing an appropriate sample survey design. The concepts of multistage design, n-sampling errors and evaluation techniques including before-after design, one-time treatment and control design are discussed extensively. The book focuses on different methods of estimation, including multiple regression analysis and logistic regression. It covers the issue of bias in a design, the source of such bias and ways to overcome it. Clear guidelines with remedial measures are outlined to facilitate choosing a suitable sampling design.
- Author BiographyTarun Kumar Roy is former Director of the International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS) in Mumbai. He served as a faculty member at IIPS for more than three decades and taught courses on sampling design and the evaluation of family welfare programs to graduate students. He was actively engaged in conducting several large-scale surveys, and was engaged in the National Family Health Survey (also known as the India Demographic and Health Survey). He serves as an expert on the Sampling Review Committee for the Global Adult Tobacco Survey (GATS), being conducted by the National Foundation for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, USA. Rajib Acharya is a statistician and demographer with more than fifteen years' experience in academic research, and planning, designing, managing and monitoring large studies. He worked as a Research Advisor at Johns Hopkins University from 2002 to 2004. He has expertise in the design of large sample surveys, sample size determination, processing and managing large-scale cross-sectional and longitudinal data sets and the analysis of survey data on population, health and nutrition. He has published a number of articles in national and international journals. Arun Roy is Chief Executive of Economic Information Technology, a socio-economic research organization in Kolkata. He received an MSc in Statistics from Patna University, an MA in Economics from Delhi University, and a PhD in Sociology from Kalyani University. He has worked as an economist at the National Council of Applied Economic Research, New Delhi, and has served as a Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant to several organizations, including the World Bank in Odisha, the Institutional Council on Management of Population Programs in Malaysia, and German Agro Action in Bonn.
- Author(s)Arun Roy,Rajib Acharya,Tarun Kumar Roy
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication09/05/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight660 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.