Statistics: A Guide to the Unknown by George Casella, Hal Stern, Deborah Nolan, Roger W. Hoerl, Robert Starbuck, George Cobb, Roxy Peck (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $189.43+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $145.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSTATISTICS: A GUIDE TO THE UNKNOWN offers a collection of intriguing essays that describe the important applications of statistics and probability. Instead of teaching methods, the essays illustrate past accomplishments and current uses of statistics and probability. Examples of surveys, questionnaires, experiments, and observational studies help you better understand the importance of and the influence of statistics.
- Author BiographyRoxy Peck is Emerita Associate Dean of the College of Science and Mathematics and Professor of Statistics Emerita at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo. A faculty member at Cal Poly from 1979 until 2009, Roxy served for six years as Chair of the Statistics Department before becoming Associate Dean, a position she held for 13 years. She received an M.S. in Mathematics and a Ph.D. in Applied Statistics from the University of California, Riverside. Roxy is nationally known in the area of statistics education, and she was presented with the Lifetime Achievement Award in Statistics Education at the U.S. Conference on Teaching Statistics in 2009. In 2003 she received the American Statistical Association's Founder's Award, recognizing her contributions to K-12 and undergraduate statistics education. She is a Fellow of the American Statistical Association and an elected member of the International Statistics Institute. Roxy served for five years as the Chief Reader for the Advanced Placement Statistics Exam and has chaired the American Statistical Association's Joint Committee with the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics on Curriculum in Statistics and Probability for Grades K-12 and the Section on Statistics Education. In addition to her texts in introductory statistics, Roxy is also co-editor of Statistical Case Studies: A Collaboration Between Academe and Industry and a member of the editorial board for Statistics: A Guide to the Unknown, 4th Edition. Outside the classroom, Roxy likes to travel and spends her spare time reading mystery novels. She also collects Navajo rugs and heads to Arizona and New Mexico whenever she can find the time.
- Author(s)Deborah Nolan,George Casella,George Cobb,Hal Stern,Robert Starbuck,Roger W. Hoerl,Roxy Peck
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/2004
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight810 g
- Width162 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.