Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $154.47Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSTATISTICS: LEARNING FROM DATA, by respected and successful author Roxy Peck, resolves common problems faced by learners of elementary statistics with an invative approach. Peck tackles the areas learners struggle with most--probability, hypothesis testing, and selecting an appropriate method of analysis--unlike any book on the market. Probability coverage is based on current research that shows how users best learn the subject. Two unique chapters, one on statistical inference and ather on learning from experiment data, address two common areas of confusion: choosing a particular inference method and using inference methods with experimental data. Supported by learning objectives, real-data examples and exercises, and techlogy tes, this brand new book guides readers in gaining conceptual understanding, mechanical proficiency, and the ability to put kwledge into practice.
- Author BiographyRoxy Peck is Emerita Associate Dean of the College of Science and Mathematics and Professor of Statistics Emerita at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo. A faculty member at Cal Poly from 1979 until 2009, Roxy served for six years as Chair of the Statistics Department before becoming Associate Dean, a position she held for 13 years. She received an M.S. in Mathematics and a Ph.D. in Applied Statistics from the University of California, Riverside. Roxy is nationally known in the area of statistics education, and she was presented with the Lifetime Achievement Award in Statistics Education at the U.S. Conference on Teaching Statistics in 2009. In 2003 she received the American Statistical Association's Founder's Award, recognizing her contributions to K-12 and undergraduate statistics education. She is a Fellow of the American Statistical Association and an elected member of the International Statistics Institute. Roxy served for five years as the Chief Reader for the Advanced Placement Statistics Exam and has chaired the American Statistical Association's Joint Committee with the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics on Curriculum in Statistics and Probability for Grades K-12 and the Section on Statistics Education. In addition to her texts in introductory statistics, Roxy is also co-editor of Statistical Case Studies: A Collaboration Between Academe and Industry and a member of the editorial board for Statistics: A Guide to the Unknown, 4th Edition. Outside the classroom, Roxy likes to travel and spends her spare time reading mystery novels. She also collects Navajo rugs and heads to Arizona and New Mexico whenever she can find the time.
- Author(s)Roxy Peck
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight1660 g
- Width224 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and Online resource
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.