All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFinancial engineers have access to ermous quantities of data but need powerful methods for extracting quantitative information, particularly about volatility and risks. Key features of this textbook are: illustration of concepts with financial markets and ecomic data, R Labs with real-data exercises, and integration of graphical and analytic methods for modeling and diagsing modeling errors. Despite some overlap with the author's undergraduate textbook Statistics and Finance: An Introduction, this book differs from that earlier volume in several important aspects: it is graduate-level; computations and graphics are done in R; and many advanced topics are covered, for example, multivariate distributions, copulas, Bayesian computations, VaR and expected shortfall, and cointegration. The prerequisites are basic statistics and probability, matrices and linear algebra, and calculus. Some exposure to finance is helpful.
- Author BiographyDavid Ruppert is Andrew Schultz, Jr., Professor of Engineering and Professor of Statistical Science, School of Operations Research and Information Engineering, Cornell University, where he teaches statistics and financial engineering and is a member of the Program in Financial Engineering. His research areas include asymptotic theory, semiparametric regression, functional data analysis, biostatistics, model calibration, measurement error, and astrostatistics. Professor Ruppert received his PhD in Statistics at Michigan State University. He is a Fellow of the American Statistical Association and the Institute of Mathematical Statistics and won the Wilcoxon prize. He is Editor of the Electronic Journal of Statistics, former Editor of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics' Lecture Notes--Monographs Series, and former Associate Editor of several major statistics journals. Professor Ruppert has published over 100 scientific papers and four books: Transformation and Weighting in Regression, Measurement Error in Nonlinear Models, Semiparametric Regression, and Statistics and Finance: An Introduction.
- Author(s)David Ruppert
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication27/12/2012
- Series TitleSpringer Texts in Statistics
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight914 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.