All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThrough its scope and depth of coverage, this book addresses the needs of the vibrant and rapidly growing engineering fields, bioengineering and biomedical engineering, while implementing software that engineers are familiar with. The author integrates introductory statistics for engineers and introductory biostatistics as a single textbook heavily oriented to computation and hands on approaches. For example, topics ranging from the aspects of disease and device testing, Sensitivity, Specificity and ROC curves, Epidemiological Risk Theory, Survival Analysis, or Logistic and Poisson Regressions are covered. In addition to the synergy of engineering and biostatistical approaches, the velty of this book is in the substantial coverage of Bayesian approaches to statistical inference. Many examples in this text are solved using both the traditional and Bayesian methods, and the results are compared and commented.
- Author BiographyBrani Vidakovic is Fellow of American Statistical Association, Elected Member of International Statistical Institute, an Editor-in-Chief of Encyclopedia of Statistical Sciences, Second Edition, an Associate Editor of: Journal of American Statistical Association, Communications in Statistics, Annals of Institute of Statistical Mathematics, and Bayesian Statistics. He is Jointly Appointed Professor in School of Industrial and Systems Engineering - ISyE and Department of Biostatistics at Emory University and Adjunct Professor in Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health, Georgia Southern University. Member of Integrative BioSystems Institute (IBSI), at Georgia Institute of Technology. Center for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, at Biology Department, Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Author(s)Brani Vidakovic
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/08/2011
- Series TitleSpringer Texts in Statistics
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note12 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1429 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine41 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.