Statistics for Engineering and the Sciences by Nancy Shafer Boudreau, Terry L. Sincich, William M. Mendenhall (Hardback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $109.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $129.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPrepare Your Students for Statistical Work in the Real World Statistics for Engineering and the Sciences, Sixth Edition is designed for a two-semester introductory course on statistics for students majoring in engineering or any of the physical sciences. This popular text continues to teach students the basic concepts of data description and statistical inference as well as the statistical methods necessary for real-world applications. Students will understand how to collect and analyze data and think critically about the results. New to the Sixth Edition * Many new and updated exercises based on contemporary engineering and scientific-related studies and real data * More statistical software printouts and corresponding instructions for use that reflect the latest versions of the SAS, SPSS, and MINITAB software * Introduction of the case studies at the beginning of each chapter * Streamlined material on all basic sampling concepts, such as random sampling and sample survey designs, which gives students an earlier introduction to key sampling issues * New examples on comparing matched pairs versus independent samples, selecting the sample size for a designed experiment, and analyzing a two-factor experiment with quantitative factors * New section on using regression residuals to check the assumptions required in a simple linear regression analysis The first several chapters of the book identify the objectives of statistics, explain how to describe data, and present the basic concepts of probability. The text then introduces the two methods for making inferences about population parameters: estimation with confidence intervals and hypothesis testing. The remaining chapters extend these concepts to cover other topics useful in analyzing engineering and scientific data, including the analysis of categorical data, regression analysis, model building, analysis of variance for designed experiments, nparametric statistics, statistical quality control, and product and system reliability.
- Author BiographyWilliam Mendenhall was a professor emeritus in the Statistics Department and the first chairman of the department at the University of Florida. Dr. Mendenhall published articles in top statistics journals and was a prolific author of statistics textbooks. Terry L. Sincich is an associate professor in the Information Systems Decision Sciences Department at the University of South Florida, where he teaches introductory statistics at the undergraduate level and advanced statistics courses at the doctoral level. He has won numerous teaching awards, including the Kahn Teaching Award and Outstanding Teacher Award. Dr. Sincich is a member of the American Statistical Association and the Decision Sciences Institute. His research interests include applied statistical analysis and statistical modeling.
- Author(s)Nancy Shafer Boudreau,Terry L. Sincich,William M. Mendenhall
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication16/02/2016
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note454 black & white illustrations, 127 black & white tables
- Weight2312 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.14Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.