All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionStatistics for Finance develops students' professional skills in statistics with applications in finance. Developed from the authors' courses at the Technical University of Denmark and Lund University, the text bridges the gap between classical, rigorous treatments of financial mathematics that rarely connect concepts to data and books on ecometrics and time series analysis that do t cover specific problems related to option valuation. The book discusses applications of financial derivatives pertaining to risk assessment and elimination. The authors cover various statistical and mathematical techniques, including linear and nlinear time series analysis, stochastic calculus models, stochastic differential equations, Ito's formula, the Black-Scholes model, the generalized method-of-moments, and the Kalman filter. They explain how these tools are used to price financial derivatives, identify interest rate models, value bonds, estimate parameters, and much more. This textbook will help students understand and manage empirical research in financial engineering. It includes examples of how the statistical tools can be used to improve value-at-risk calculations and other issues. In addition, end-of-chapter exercises develop students' financial reasoning skills.
- Author BiographyErik Lindstrom is an associate professor in the Centre for Mathematical Sciences at Lund University. His research ranges from statistical methodology (primarily time series analysis in discrete and continuous time) to financial mathematics as well as problems related to energy markets. He earned a PhD in mathematical statistics from Lund Institute of Technology/Lund University. Henrik Madsen is a professor and head of the Section for Dynamical Systems in the Department for Applied Mathematics and Computer Sciences at the Technical University of Denmark. An elected member of the ISI and IEEE, he has authored or co-authored 480 papers and 11 books in areas including mathematical statistics, time series analysis, and the integration of renewables in electricity markets. He earned a PhD in statistics from the Technical University of Denmark. Jan Nygaard Nielsen is a principal architect at Netcompany, a Danish IT and business consulting firm. He earned a PhD from the Technical University of Denmark.
- Author(s)Erik Lindstrom,Henrik Madsen,Jan Nygaard Nielsen
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication20/04/2015
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Texts in Statistical Science
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note63 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white tables
- Weight657 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.