All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionThis book by a group of established scientists gives a comprehensive, up-to-date overview of the most common statistical methods for handling data from both trained sensory panels and consumer studies of food. It presents the topic in two distinct sections: problem-orientated (Part I) and method orientated (Part II), making it to appropriate for people at different levels with respect to their statistical skills. This text is an excellent resource for food scientists and food engineers working in research and industry, as well as food science students at the master and PhD level. In addition, applied statisticians with special interest in food science will also find relevant information within the book.
- Author BiographyProfessor Tormod Naes is a Principal Research Scientist based at Matforsk, a government food research laboratory, in Norway. He received his PhD in statistics from University of Oslo in 1984. He is also currently employed as a Professor at the Institute of Mathematics at the University of Oslo. He serves on the editorial boards of Journal of Chemometrics, Journal of Near Infrared Spectroscopy and Food Quality and Preference. His main area of research is the development and use of multivariate statistical methods in food science. In particular in applications within the areas of sensory analysis, spectroscopy, process optimisation and bioinformatics. He has published 108 refereed papers and co-authored and co-edited 5 books in multivariate analysis and analysis of variance, including the highly cited Multivariate Calibration co-authored with Professor Harald Martens (Wiley 1988). He has received the Tomas Hirschfeld award in NIR analysis. (1997), EAS award for achievements in chemometrics (1997), Kowalski award in Chemometrics (J. Wiley and Sons) (2006) and is an Honorary member of the Chemometric Society of Norway (2006).
- Author(s)Oliver Tomic,Per Brockhoff,Tormod Nas
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication18/06/2010
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight684 g
- Width182 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.