All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe chapters in this book describe various aspects of the application of statistical methods in finance. It will interest and attract statisticians to this area, illustrate some of the many ways that statistical tools are used in financial applications, and give some indication of problems which are still outstanding. The statisticians will be stimulated to learn more about the kinds of models and techniques outlined in the book - both the domain of finance and the science of statistics will benefit from increased awareness by statisticians of the problems, models, and techniques applied in financial applications. For this reason, extensive references are given. The level of technical detail varies between the chapters. Some present broad n-technical overviews of an area, while others describe the mathematical niceties. This illustrates both the range of possibilities available in the area for statisticians, while simultaneously giving a flavour of the different kinds of mathematical and statistical skills required. Whether you favour data analysis or mathematical manipulation, if you are a statistician there are problems in finance which are appropriate to your skills.
- Author(s)David J. Hand,Saul D. Jacka
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication30/01/1998
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Weight676 g
- Width166 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.