All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is a vast world one enters when writing on the statuettes of the Art Deco era: both in terms of the number of artists that contributed to it, and the number of figures they created. This book studies the influences that shaped these artists' work - namely, the growth of the Ballets Russes under the aegis of Sergei Diaghilev; the fascination in all things Egyptian that followed the discovery of Tutankhamun's tomb in 1924; and the Music Hall, with all of its venues, its stars and its glamour. Paris was a magnet for aspiring artists. An unrivalled destination for free-spending tourists, its popularity dwelt in the city's inexpensiveness, considering the absence of the dollar and the falling value of the franc. A thorough look at its artists and their work can only emerge from long investigation.
- Author BiographyAs one of the top consultants in the Art Deco field, Alberto Shayo has dedicated his life to travel, discovering new figures and determining the worthiness of private and public collections. Mr Shayo is the author of Camille Faure: Limoges Art Deco Enamels - The Geometry of Joy, published by Antique Collectors' Club.
- Author(s)Alberto Shayo
- PublisherACC Art Books
- Date of Publication26/04/2016
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationWoodbridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintACC Art Books
- Content Note300 colour 142 b&w
- Weight2132 g
- Width237 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
- AU $80.68New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.