Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionStatutes of Liberty (1993) was the first book on The New York School of Poets, and offers the definitive critical account of its key figures: John Ashbery, Frank O'Hara and James Schuyler. This second edition contains up-to-date material on the group and its growing influence on postmodern poetics. A new postscript focuses on the work of Ashbery, currently the most esteemed American poet since Wallace Stevens, and his profile output in the 1990s, including his two hundred page epic poem Flow Chart.
- Author BiographyGEOFF WARD is Professor of English at the University of Dundee. His publications include Language Poetry and the American Avant-garde (1993); he edited The Bloomsbury Guide to Romantic Literature, and is co-editor of Re: Joyce (1998). He has recently been awarded a Leverhulme Fellowship in order to write a critical biography of John Ashbery.
- Author(s)Geoff Ward
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication11/12/2000
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleLanguage, Discourse, Society
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight307 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.