Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.25Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawn out of seclusion to help an old friend find his missing fiancTe, ex-cop Aud Torvingen, tormented by the death of her lover and by her own penchant for violence, finds Tammy in the clutches of a disturbed sociopath, which ignites a rage that invigorates, terrifies, and tortures her. Reprint. 15
- Author BiographyNicola Griffithis a native of Yorkshire, England, where she earned her beer money teaching women s self-defense, fronting a band, and arm-wrestling in bars, before discovering writing and moving to the United States. Her immigration case was a fight and ended up making new law: the State Department declared it to be in the National Interest for her to live and work in this country. This didn t thrill the more conservative powerbrokers, and she ended up on the front page of TheWall Street Journal, where her case was used as an example of the country s declining moral standards. In 1993 a diagnosis of multiple sclerosis slowed her down a bit, and she concentrated on writing: Ammonite(1993), Slow River(1995), The Blue Place (1998), Stay(2002), Always(2007), and Hild (2013). Griffith is the co-editor of the Bending the Landscape series of original short fiction. Her multimedia memoir, And Now We Are Going to Have a Party: Liner Notes to a Writer s Early Life, is a limited collector s edition. Her essays and short fiction have appeared in an assortment of academic texts and a variety of journals, includingNature, New Scientist, Los Angeles Review of Books, and Out. She s won the Washington State Book Award, the Tiptree, Nebula, the World Fantasy Award, the Premio Italia, and the Lambda Literary Award (six times), among many others. Now a dual U.S./U.K. citizen, Nicola Griffith is married to writer Kelley Eskridge. They live in Seattle, where Griffith is currently lost in the seventh century, emerging occasionally to drink just the right amount of beerand take enormous delight in everything. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Nicola Griffith
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2003
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight233 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.81Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.65
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.