All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis second edition of Bruce Tremper's acclaimed book is regarded as the most authoritative commentary on avalanche matters. Winter recreation off-piste, particularly in North America and Europe, has increased steadily over the years and so has the number of deaths caused by avalanches. As search and rescue teams are increasingly strapped for funding, self-education has become a larger necessity for sw-sport enthusiasts.This new edition .of Bruce Tremper's seminal book is organised according to the structure of the American Avalanche Association classes and all chapters have been updated with the most recent data and techniques, and reviewed by peer experts.
- Author BiographyBruce Tremper is the director of the Forest Service Utah Avalanche Center and coordinated backcountry avalanche safety preparations for the 2002 Olympic Winter Games in Salt Lake City. He is one of the nation's foremost experts on avalanches, and has appeared in news reports and documentaries produced by National Geographic, PBS, and Discovery Channel, among others.
- Author(s)Bruce Tremper
- PublisherMountaineers Books
- Date of Publication15/09/2008
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMountaineers Books
- Content Noteb&w photos plus charts and illustration
- Weight508 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.84
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.