About this product
- DescriptionThis title offers heathly eating from South-east Asia with 20 recipes. Features: an inspirational collection of authentic steamed recipes from China, Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Burma and Thailand; a mouthwatering selection of dishes includes Spiced Scallops in their Shells, Chicken and Vegetable Bundles, Malaysian Steamed Trout Fillets, Steamed Pork and Water Chestnut Wontons, and Warm Vegetable Salad with Peanut Sauce; expert advice, practical information on tools and equipment, and useful preparation and steaming techniques; over 20 clearly written recipes, beautifully illustrated with more than 100 glorious photographs, including a picture of every finished dish; and plenty of cook's tips and variations provide scope to ring the changes and create your own adaptations, as well as giving useful advice on ingredients. China, Japan and South-east Asia produce some of the world's most exciting cuisines, and they all share a love of steamed food. Steaming food produces an enticing mix of taste, fragrance and texture, which is why it is so popular in Asia, where food is presented and eaten with great attention to detail. Steaming is also extremely healthy - little or extra fat is added, and the food retains its full nutritional value. Little surprise then that it is w so hugely popular in the rest of the world. This delightful book brings together a collection of over 20 tantalizing steamed recipes. There are tasty appetizers such as Mini Phoenix Rolls and Aromatic Stuffed Chillies, and delicious main courses such as Sticky Rice Parcels and Pan-steamed Mussels with Thai Herbs. Vegetable side orders include Steamed Morning Glory with Fried Garlic and Shallots, and Vegetables with Chiang Mai Spicy Dip. With practical advice on equipment and techniques, this gorgeous little book will provide endless inspiration.
- Author BiographyKim Chung Lee was born in Thailand and has spent much time visiting countries throughout Asia, which has enabled him to sample the local cuisines. It is from here that he drew his inspiration for this collection of recipes. Kim works freelance as a food writer and editor, and has contributed to numerous books and magazines.
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication29/10/2013
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 100 photographs
- Weight272 g
- Width160 mm
- Height160 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byKim Chung Lee
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $19.25Trending at AU $20.63
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.