All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs we recall the recent forty-fifth anniversary of the end of steam working on British Rail, Steam North West is a fascinating journey along the West Coast mainline from Crewe to Carlisle, also visiting a number of lines which made a junction with this vital railway artery. Set in the final two years of steam working in North West England, we call in at well kwn places such as Preston and some less well kwn like Heysham and Barrow. Also included are visits to the last remaining steam sheds and infrastructure of the steam railway. Views range from the industrial and suburban scene to the beauty of the Northern Fells. Steam North West concludes with a look at the very end of steam working on British Rail in August 1968 with the very last workings recalled with a final tribute to the steam era by night. Many memories are remembered with a wealth of colour material, mostly previously unpublished and nearly all taken from the author's private collection.
- Author BiographyBernard Mills is a lifelong railway enthusiast, historian and photographer, who also spent all of his working life of 49 years on the Railway. Retiring in July 2008, he lives in the delightful village of Buckland Monachorum in rural Devon. Bernard is a founder member of the Plym Valley Railway, and had the honour of opening their new station at Plym Bridge in December 2012.
- Author(s)Bernard Mills
- PublisherFonthill Media
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationToadsmoor Road
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFonthill Media
- Content Note180 colour photographs
- Width172 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.