Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionThey steamed westward with America, carrying goods and people to the new frontier. They powered through the industrial revolution, moving with the times. And they transported a nation in motion, soldiers and settlers and immigrants, captains of industry and itinerant laborers. These were the steam locomotives that ruled the rails and kept America moving and working for more than a century. Steam Power provides a closer look at the mighty steam trains for those of us who didn't get to experience it firsthand. Take a look inside the steam power engine, dining cars and learn the history of these beautiful machines.Pictured here in more than 250 modern photographs of restored and preserved models, these locomotives evoke the railroad's golden age and stand as a powerful reminder of the industry's might. The book offers a pictorial history of the evolution of steam power from the early nineteenth century to the demise of steam power after World War II; detailed captions identify each pictured locomotive and explain its role in the history of American motive power. Featuring every prominent wheel configuration as well as shrouded streamlined locomotives, Steam Power conveys the grand geographic and techlogical breadth of North American railroading.
- Author BiographyBrian Solomon is one of today's most accomplished railway historians. He has authored more than thirty books about railroads and locomotive power, and his writing and photography have been featured in the world's top rail publications, including Trains, Railway Age, Passenger Train Journal, and RailNews. He divides his time between Massachusetts and Ireland.
- Author(s)Brian Solomon
- Date of Publication18/03/2015
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight907 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.