All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionR.J. (Ron) Buckley's photographs illustrate the locomotive scene in Scotland, witnessed across his long career on the railways. This evocative collection of images commemorates the age of steam and reveals the changes wrought across that era, from the 1930s ex- Highland 'Castle' and 'Clan' 4-6-0s and the graceful looking ex-Great North of Scotland 4-4-0s, to the ex-North British 'Glen' and 'Scott' 4-4-0s, the Caledonian 4-4-0s, numerous 0-6-0 classes and the few Glasgow and South Western locomotives still working. By the early 1950s all the ex-Glasgow and South Western locomotives had gone and there were few ex-Highland or Great North of Scotland locomotives in service, but many ex-North British and Caledonian locomotives could still be seen. It is a must-have volume for Scottish railway enthusiasts.
- Author BiographyRon Buckley is 95 years old and has been photographing railways since the age of 15. He joined the LM&SR as a wages clerk in 1934 and retired in 1977. Brian Dickson worked in printing and publishing in Edinburgh and London for over 35 years before retiring in 2000. He has become a volunteer locomotive fireman and driver at a heritage railway. He has previously written Diesel Power in the North East and Scottish Steam.
- Author(s)Brian J. Dickson
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication02/02/2015
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note160 black & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width248 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.