All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explains the metallurgy of steel and its heat treatment for n-metallurgists. It starts from simple concepts--beginning at the level of high-school chemistry classes--and building to more complex concepts involved in heat treatment of most types of steel as well as cast iron. It was inspired by the author when working with practicing bladesmiths for more than 15 years. Most chapters in the book contain a summary at the end. These summaries provide a short review of the contents of each chapter. This book is THE practical primer on steel metallurgy for those who heat, forge, or machine steel.
- Author BiographyDr. John Verhoeven is a Distinguished Emeritus Professor in the Engineering College at Iowa State University. He earned a BS in chemical engineering in 1957 and his MS and PhD in metallurgical engineering in 1959 and 1963, all from the University of Michigan.
- Author(s)John D. Verhoeven
- PublisherASM International
- Date of Publication15/11/2007
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintASM International
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight685 g
- Width212 mm
- Height341 mm
- Spine37 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.