All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStella McCartney is a fashion designer, entrepreneur and environmental activist. Daughter of Paul McCartney, of The Beatles, and his wife Linda, she has refused to let her parents' fame define her, and has forged an extremely successful career in fashion. Real-life Stories: Stella McCartney gives you the story behind this incredible designer - from her early life growing up on a farm in Sussex, through her days at Central St Martin's School of Art and as the creative director of Parisian fashion house Chloe, to launching her own fashion label. It focuses on Stella's talent as a designer and tailor and her commitment to ensuring that her business is as ethical and eco-friendly as possible, and that her clothes are made without the use of leather or fur. The importance of family to Stella, how she dealt with the death of her mother, and how she balances family life with running a global business, are also looked at. Biographical information, and Stella McCartney quotes, support the narrative. Punchy, fact-filled text make this a fantastic resource for biography based project work for children aged seven and above; a full glossary and index are included. Each title in the Real-life Stories series looks at a celebrity who is at the top of their game and the height of their career. We take a look at how they got to where they are today, what their daily life is like and where they are going next. If you've enjoyed reading about Stella McCartney, why t try finding out about Adele, Banksy, the Duchess of Cambridge, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, Brian Cox, Gary Barlow, Will.i.am, Steve Backshall, David Walliams, Alex Ferguson, Malorie Blackman or Kylie Migue, in other titles in the series?
- Author BiographySarah Levete has written numerous titles, on a lot of different subjects, for children. Her many books include educational titles for children about science, world affairs, religion, history and social issues. When she is not writing, Sarah also teaches young people and adults. She lives in Oxford with her husband and children.
- Author(s)Sarah Levete
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication23/07/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleReal-Life Stories
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 12
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Weight204 g
- Width179 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.63Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $47.03Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.23Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.