All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn all phases of the life of a star, hydrodynamical processes play a major role. This volume gives a comprehensive overview of the state of kwledge in stellar astrophysical fluid dynamics, and its publication marked the 60th birthday of Douglas Gough, Professor of Theoretical Physics at the University of Cambridge and leading contributor to stellar astrophysical fluid dynamics. Topics include properties of pulsating stars, helioseismology, convection and mixing in stellar interiors, dynamics of stellar rotation, planet formation and the generation of stellar and planetary magnetic fields. Each chapter is written by leading experts in the field, and the book provides an overview that is central to any attempt to understand the properties of stars and their evolution. With extensive references to the technical literature, this is a valuable text for researchers and graduate students in stellar astrophysics.
- Author BiographyMichael Thompson is Professor of Physics at the Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, University of London. Jorgen Christensen-Dalsgaard is Professor of Helio- and Asteroseismology in the Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Aarhus, Denmark.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/02/2008
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note115 b/w illus. 3 tables
- Weight690 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byJorgen Christensen-Dalsgaard,Michael J. Thompson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.