All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionThe first authoritative yet accessible guide to this controversial topic Stem Cell Research For Dummies offers a balanced, plain-English look at this politically charged topic, cutting away the hype and presenting the facts clearly for you, free from debate. It explains what stem cells are and what they do, the legalities of harvesting them and using them in research, the latest research findings from the U.S. and abroad, and the prospects for medical stem cell therapies in the short and long term. * Explains the differences between adult stem cells and embryonic/umbilical cord stem cells * Provides both sides of the political debate and the pros and cons of each side's opinions * Includes medical success stories using stem cell therapy and its promise for the future Comprehensive and unbiased, Stem Cell Research For Dummies is the only guide you need to understand this volatile issue.
- Author BiographyLawrence S.B. Goldstein, PhD, one of the world's foremost experts in stem cell research, is Director of the Stem Cell Initiative at the University of California, San Diego. Meg Schneider is the author or coauthor of several books, including COPD For Dummies.
- Author(s)Lawrence S.B. Goldstein,Meg Schneider
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/01/2010
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.