All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe future of American STEM education is here...in every state there are thousands students that would benefit from science education if only they had the resources support systems and psychological ownership. There are brilliant young minds that could be called on to solve a myriad of world problems earning money and respect in the process. But these students dona't see science as a viable option for a life. Or they do but there are textbooks in the classroom or the teacher is the fifth one this semester...and he is on the verge of leaving too.
If STEM (science techlogy engineering and mathematics) careers are the future driving force of the American ecomy; and if only an ainted few American students choose STEM as a career path where will that leave us as a nation as we strive to compete on the global stage? Will America maintain its position as leader of the free world? Can a country that shuns the word ai??eliteai?? ever maintain its elite status? Everything we value depends on this; our national security reputation and quality of life all depend on our ability to meet the needs of future generations of American workers as they compete for jobs. Jobs that will require problem solving skills invation creativity scientific literacy and mathematical kwledge. Jobs that will require Americans who are tops in their fields with expertise intellectual curiosity ambition and vision. This book seeks to address these problems as well as providing an historical backdrop for the discussion of STEM in American schools race and gender issues the effects of the standards movement on STEM and what good teaching looks like in urban public schools. The future is here. Will we rise to the occasion?
- Author(s)Clair T. Berube
- PublisherInformation Age Publishing
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationGreenwich
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInformation Age Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.