All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionStencil It is a celebration of this endlessly creative craft form, which has been used for centuries to decorate interiors. Helen Morris, founder of The Stencil Library and a recognized authority on the subject, shares her inventiveness, techniques and enthusiasm, presenting some of her favorite ideas for stenciling everything from walls, floors, and furniture, to fabric, paper, and cakes. The book includes 20 new stencil designs, specially-created by Helen and her husband, designer Michael Chippendale. The Stencil Library, founded in 1988, boasts a catalog of more than 4,000 stencils and an ever-changing showroom in the form of its spectacular headquarters in Northumberland, England. Over the years Helen and Michael have developed a wide range of designs, techniques, and media, successfully stenciling materials such as glass, mirror, concrete, fabric, wood, plaster, paint, and paper. In Stencil It, Helen demonstrates some of these techniques and illustrates the stunning effects that can be achieved. Using a range of different paints, as well as crayon, metallic leaf, varnish, and plasterwork to create a textured finish, she presents a collection of diverse projects for every surface in your home. In themed chapters -- Flowers & Foliage, Figurative, Birds & Beasts, and Architectural & Decorative Details -- there are trailing leaves and falling blossoms, letters to spell out words and stars that can be applied in endless patterns, pretty butterflies and cute dogs, as well as signature decorative details from different periods and countries. In addition to demonstrating the practical application of the stencils to a wide range of surfaces using different media, Helen illustrates how each stencil can be used in different configurations, sizes, or colorways to create dramatically different looks.There are 20 specially commissioned stencil templates included with the projects and all the other designs featured are available from The Stencil Library.
- Author BiographyHELEN MORRIS founded The Stencil Library in 1988, when she recognized a gap in the homedecorating market for the type of stencils that her husband Michael Chippendale, a graphic designer, made and used in his work. Since its launch The Stencil Library has built an international reputation and an impressive catalog of more than 4,000 stencil designs, offering a wide range of global, historical, and contemporary decorative styles. The company continually experiments and regularly creates new collections to reflect public demand. It also produces bespoke designs and has cut stencils for royalty, politicians, and celebrity clients. Helen and Michael run their business from their home, Stocksfield Hall in Northumberland, England. A showcase for their work, the house is frequently featured in magazines and on television, and is open to the public once a month. The Stencil Library blog (www.designinspiration.typepad.com) was launched in 2007, to provide inspiration and information about stencil-related decoration, along with the more photogenic aspects of life at The Stencil Library.Helen is widely recognized as an expert on the subject and is in regular demand for lectures and demonstrations in Europe and America. This is her second book.
- Author(s)Helen Morris
- Date of Publication08/11/2011
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date16/02/2017
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight667 g
- Width212 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback / softback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.