All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis workbook identifies those key elements of management support that are essential to create a culture of continuous improvement in a business setting, and then describes in four steps how to engage every employee: (1) Standardize Problem Solving, (2) Eliminate Waste, (3) Apply Lean Principles, (4) Fully Develop People. The application of these principles will create a business culture where everyone strives to make everything better. The principles included in the Step Up! system were derived from Six Sigma, Lean, the Theory of Constraints, research in the Quality Industry, and personal experience.
- Author BiographyBryon L. Johnson holds both a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, and a Master Lean Six Sigma Black Belt accredited by the American Society for Quality. He has a BA Degree from the University of Utah in Psychology, and has over 30 years management experience. He served in the United States Army as both an enlisted man and a commissioned United States Army Officer. He also served as a Shop Steward and a Union President before going into management. He has since served in many diverse positions to include: Team Leader, Acting Incoming Operations Supervisor, Acting Outgoing Operations Supervisor, Postmaster for the United States Postal Service in Park City Utah, Facilitator for the Rural Carriers Quality Improvement Team (northern Utah Wasatch Front area), Facilitator for the Management Improvement Team (State of Utah); Manager of Mail Operations for a large non-profit organization, Manager of Quality and Process Improvement for a large world-wide Distribution organization, and Manager of Operational Processing for the same Distribution organization. He now is employed as a management consultant.
- Author(s)Bryon L Johnson
- Date of Publication24/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.