All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs I leaped and kicked, taking care to be perfectly in line, I felt a quickening in my chest, a secret dance in my heart. I just had to get through rehearsal and the game itself, then I would finally get to talk to him ...Saph's life is pretty perfect. At sixteen, she's already doing what she loves: dancing in a cheerleading squad for a professional basketball team. So when she gets a Valentine from her secret crush, all her dreams seem to be within reach. But the harder Saph dances after her dreams, the more her real life starts to get in the way. Worst of all, the Valentine turns out to be a hoax. Humiliated and angry, Saph and her best friend, Summer, are determined to get revenge...A funny, energetic story about forgetting the moves and remembering what's important.
- Author BiographyThalia can't remember a time when she wasn't telling stories - trying to make her Mum cry, her Dad laugh, and also make sense of the world. She has published multiple books in the popular Go Girl series for girls aged seven to ten, as well as a non-fiction children's book with Allen + Unwin called It's True! Sleep Makes You Smarter (which is true, in case you're wondering). When she was sixteen, Thalia was the youngest member of a professional cheerleading squad. Did she have a crush on one of the basketballers? No. But she did get a great view of their legs.
- Author(s)Thalia Kalkipsakis
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2011
- ImprintAllen & Unwin Children's Books
- Weight180 g
- Width130 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 13
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.