Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTone your body, relax your mind. Whatever your level of fitness, Step-by-Step Tai Chi offers a simple but effective program of exercise and stress reduction, based on the ancient Chinese art of Tai Chi. In addition to learning the fundamentals of Tai Chi through his carefully designed four-level program, Master Lam Kam Chuen will introduce you to Small Circle Form Tai Chi, an original method he has developed based on classical Tai Chi styles requiring a minimum of time and space. Step-by-Step Tai Chi features: * Detailed and easy-to-follow instruction for the basic movements of Tai Chi, plus Small Circle Form, complete with color illustrations that will guide you through every movement * Specially selected exercises to help you build up strength, flexibility, and stamina in the muscles and joints of your upper and lower body * Simple routines that you can perform in half an hour or less, with previous experience, special clothing, or equipment required * An ideal foundation if you wish to study advanced forms of Tai Chi Whether you are looking for a way to reduce stress or a new way to exercise, Step-by-Step Tai Chi will keep you fit inside and out.
- Author BiographyMaster Lam Kam Chuen is a recognized master of the arts of Tai Chi and Chi Kung, and a practitioner of traditional Chinese medicine. He was born in Hong Kong shortly after World War II and at a very early age began training in Chinese martial arts. Studying under masters such as Lung Tse Chung and Yim Sheung Mo (both of whom were disciples of Ku Yue Chang, known throughout China as The King of Iron Palm ), he was trained in Choy Lee Fut, Northern Shaolin Kung Fu and Iron Palm, as well as Tai Chi. He then studied Chinese medicine, becoming a qualified bonesetter and herbalist, and opened a school and clinic in Hong Kong. He also undertook the study of Chi Kung, a system for the cultivation of internal energy in the body. Using his medical skills and his knowledge of Chi Kung he began to develop a new form of Tai Chi, now known as Lam Style Tai Chi. Master Lam came to the West in 1976 when he became the first Tai Chi instructor appointed to teach in the Inner London Education Authority. In 1987 he gave the first European demonstration of the art of Zhan Zhuang Chi Kung, which he studied in Beijing under Professor Yu Yong Nian, the world's leading authority. He now teaches and practices medicine at The Lam Clinic in London's Chinatown. Following the widely acclaimed BBC series, The Way of the Warrior, Master Lam was invited to act as consultant to the sequel publication, The Way of Harmony. This was followed by his ground-breaking work published by Gaia Books, The Way of Energy, introducing the Zhan Zhuang system of Standing Like a Tree.
- Author(s)Kam Chuen Lam
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication31/10/1994
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight428 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.