All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA proponent of the slow architecture movement, Stephan Maria Lang designs homes that are mirrors of their inhabitants' souls. Through this highly individualized approach, his work takes on a remarkable diversity. With one hundred full-color illustrations, this volume presents select projects by Lang from 2004 to 2011. From the California Residence, which conveys the leisureliness of a holiday home on the American West Coast, to the lakefront Alpine Highway, for which Lang restored the surrounding land to its natural state, the homes in this book reveal thoughtful new facets at each turn, with charming hidden details, surprising vistas, interesting interplays of shadow and light, and the clever integration of landscape, garden, and interior decoration. Of course, the homes also change over time as they are inhabited--and that, argues Lang, is what allows them to radiate life. An impressive pictorial introduction to Lang's vintage-inspired state-of-the-art architectural work, Stephan Maria Lang will be of interest to scholars of design, architecture, and planning.
- Author BiographyHarry Dirrigl is an entrepreneur, management consultant, business coach, and architectureenthusiast. Petra Dirrigl has worked as a freelance graphic designer since 1997.
- PublisherHirmer Verlag
- Date of Publication09/10/2012
- LanguageEnglish / German
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintHirmer Verlag
- Content Note290 Colour illustrations
- Weight1380 g
- Width300 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byStephan Maria Lang
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.63
- AU $21.63Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $81.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.