All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionStephen Hanck is a contemplative artist, constantly bringing a fresh vision and new insight into his studies of light and reflection reminiscent of the Luminist paintings of the 19th century. His landscape paintings, subtly lit with the rising sun's rays over flooded waters, slowly build with the layers of lacquer Hanck adds; it is this polishing technique over his oil paintings, sometimes adding up to twelve layers of varnish, that allows him play with the reflection of light and shadow over his subjects. Current events and moments from the artist's life are brought into each piece in the form of messages, clippings and photographs built into the lacquered layers that recede into the painting when viewed from a distance, making the work t only a representation of the subject but also a reflection of the life of the artist at the time the piece is completed.The final presentation is a painting that is deeply human; it touches the viewer with its honesty, wit and humour. This richly illustrated mograph includes a wide spectrum of paintings spanning the artist's career as well as drawings done while travelling in Asia, Europe, and North America, and of friends in the music and arts industries at work in their homes and studios.
- Author(s)Garrett White,Mark C. Taylor,Martha Hoppin
- PublisherHudson Hills Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHudson Hills Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note223 col, 9 b/w
- Weight2177 g
- Width300 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.