All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the theory, analysis and design of microwave stepped-frequency radar sensors. Stepped-frequency radar sensors are attractive for various sensing applications that require fine resolution. The book consists of five chapters. The first chapter describes the fundamentals of radar sensors including applications followed by a review of ultra-wideband pulsed, frequency-modulated continuous-wave (FMCW), and stepped-frequency radar sensors. The second chapter discusses a general analysis of radar sensors including wave propagation in media and scattering on targets, as well as the radar equation. The third chapter addresses the analysis of stepped-frequency radar sensors including their principles and design parameters. Chapter 4 presents the development of two stepped-frequency radar sensors at microwave and millimeter-wave frequencies based on microwave integrated circuits (MICs), microwave molithic integrated circuits (MMICs) and printed-circuit antennas, and discusses their signal processing. Chapter 5 provides the electrical characterization and test results of the developed microwave and millimeter-wave stepped-frequency radar sensors. Finally, a summary and conclusion is provided.
- Author BiographyProf Cam Nguyen joined the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of Texas A&M University in Dec. 1990, after working for more than twelve years in industry, where he now holds the position of Texas Instruments Endowed Professor. He was with the National Science Foundation during 2003-2004 as Program Director of the Electronics, Photonics, and Device Technology Program and the Integrative Systems Program, responsible for research programs in RF electronics and wireless technologies. He also held various engineering positions in industry from 1979-1991. He was a Microwave Engineer with ITT Gilfillan Co., a Member of Technical Staff with Hughes Aircraft Co. (now Raytheon), and a Technical Specialist with Aeroject ElectroSystems Co. - all in California - a Member of Professional Staff with Martin Marietta Co. (now Lockheed-Martin) in Florida, and a Senior Staff Engineer and Program Manager at TRW (now Northrop Grumman) in California. While in industry, he led numerous RF, microwave and millimeter-wave activities. He also developed many RF, microwave and millimeter-wave integrated circuits and systems up to 220 GHz for communications, radar, and remote sensing. He has published more than 240 papers, written 4 books and five book chapters, edited three books, and given more than 150 conference presentations and numerous invited presentations. He is the Founding Editor-in-Chief of Sensing and Imaging: An International Journal. He was also the Founding Chairman of the International Conference on Subsurface and Surface Sensing and Imaging Technologies and Applications.
- Author(s)Cam Nguyen,Joongsuk Park
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication05/11/2015
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 80 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight226 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.