Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionMy Mother, Doreen Hilda Payne (nee Jardine) executed much of this research, tracing our forebears' history back to the 1800's and possibly the very late 1700's. This may t seem a long time ago but when you remember that in those early times, people rode around on horseback; motor vehicles and aeroplanes were 100 years away from being invented. The Duke of Wellington was defeating Napoleon at Waterloo in 1815 and in 1860 the American Civil War was yet to happen; while space travel was only an imaginative comic book dream. This tells you how long ago 1800 was, let alone the 1700's. The purpose of this document is to create an ongoing history of this immediate family and those involved, so that our Children and our Children's Children will kw where they came from and the histories and interests of these family members. Also the times in which they lived; indeed how much life and life's struggles have changed over the years. It is my hope that our (Doreen and Keith Payne) Children, Holly and James and their Children, Jessica and Isabella by Holly and Sophie Olivia by James and Vicky will add their story to this historical document and pass it onto their Children. Should each subsequent generation add their story, this document will become historical in its own right. When I realised all the effort my Mother had put into locating her ancestors as far back as she had and realised exactly what she had managed to achieve, I believed it would be a great tragedy if all her endeavours were lost; herewith the book. Not many children kw beyond their immediate grandparents so what an incredible history this will be if it is maintained down the years, recording all the changes in the way we live and additions to our family. Bless you Mother.
- Author(s)Keith Payne
- Date of Publication03/05/2012
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight330 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.