All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe Celebrate Recovery Participant's Guides are essential tools for the personal recovery journey. In the six lessons in Guide 1: Stepping Out of Denial Into God's Grace, you will experience the first 3 of the 8 recovery principles: 1 Realize I'm t God. I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and that my life is unmanageable. Happy are those who kw they are spiritually poor (Matthew 5:3). 2 Earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to him, and that he has the power to help me recover. Happy are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted (Matthew 5:4). 3 Conciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ's care and control. Happy are the meek (Matthew 5:5). By working through the lessons and exercises found in each of the four Participant's Guides you will begin to experience the true peace and serenity you have been seeking, restore and develop stronger relationships with others and with God, and find freedom from life's hurts, hang-ups, and habits. All the scriptures have been updated to the new NIV 2011 version.
- Author BiographyJohn Baker is the founder of Celebrate Recovery(R), a ministry started at Saddleback Church. It is estimated that over the last 25 years more than 3.5 million people have gone through this Christ-centered recovery program. There are currently over 27,000 churches that have weekly Celebrate Recovery meetings. John has been on staff since Celebrate Recovery started. He has served as the Pastor of Membership, the Pastor of Ministries, and is currently the Pastor of Saddleback Church's Signature Ministries. He is also serving as one of the nine Elder Pastors at Saddleback. John is a nationally known speaker and trainer in helping churches start Celebrate Recovery ministries. John's writing accomplishments include Celebrate Recovery's The Journey Begins Curriculum, Life's Healing Choices, the Celebrate Recovery Study Bible (general editor), and The Landing and Celebration Place (coauthor). John's newest books are Your First Step to Celebrate Recovery and The Celebrate Recovery Devotional (coauthor). John and his wife Cheryl, the cofounder of Celebrate Recovery, have been married for more than four decades and have served together in Celebrate Recovery since the beginning. They have two adult children, Laura and Johnny, and five grandchildren.
- Author(s)John Baker
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleCelebrate Recovery
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- Weight99 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsSaddle-sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.