All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a book about helping people: t so much about the issues that people bring, but about the process of helping. That means it is about the helper as much the helping. My belief is that helpers cant be separated from the help that they offer. The title of the book reflects a belief that 'good intentions' do t necessarily make for good results. As carers, we have the potential to see others helped and sometimes radically changed, but that does t always happen. Sometimes we end up hurting and being hurt. Although we aspire to be stepping stones and assist others in their walk through life, we end up being a stumbling block and succeed only in tripping them up.
- Author BiographyAndrew Smith was born in the UK and moved with his wife and children to New Zealand in the early 1980s. With a background in hospital surgery and private practice counselling he is currently part of the academic staff at Bethlehem Tertiary Institute, Tauranga, New Zealand.
- Author(s)Translator Andrew Smith
- Date of Publication27/01/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Dave Smith
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.