All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionDocumenting Sterling Ruby's first exhibition with Gagosian Gallery, this catalog includes beautiful colored reproductions of the artist's newest suite of spray paintings, VIVIDS, electric color fields representing the artist's ruminations on the shifting, multihued Los Angeles skies that he encounters en route to his studio. Additional color photographs of Ruby's workspace, as well as installation shots of the aforementioned exhibit, appear throughout the book documenting the creative process. Accompanying it all is new text from art historian Eugene Wang that situates Ruby's work within the landscape of twenty-first-century art, while also ackwledging the debt it owes to such midcentury modernists as Barnett Newman and Andy Warhol. Wang deftly places Ruby's VIVIDS in their proper context, temporally, geographically, and sociopolitically.
- Author BiographyLarry Gagosian is the founder of Gagosian Gallery, specializing in modern and contemporary art. He opened his first gallery in Los Angeles in 1980, and now has 14 distinct locations in 8 cities worldwide. Eugene Wang is the Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Professor of Asian Art at Harvard and has written extensively on Chinese art history from ancient funerary art to modern and contemporary Chinese art and cinema.
- Author(s)Eugene Wang
- Date of Publication29/09/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note39 colour illustrations
- Weight1021 g
- Width270 mm
- Height343 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.