All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionPharmacokinetic variability of contraceptive steroids is a relatively under-explored area of contraceptive research, and hardly a common point of discussion among those who plan and deliver family planning services. Nevertheless, numerous independent studies over the last 15 years have indicated that women in different regions of the world vary in their pharmacokinetic response to contraceptive steroids. The causes of such variability are t kwn, but it has important consequences for contraceptive effectiveness. It may also offer insight to the basis of contraceptive side-effects. The impetus for this volume was to collect documentation of pharmacokinetic variability of contraceptive steroids, and to explore both the possible causes and implications of these data. Factors kwn to affect steroid pharmacokinetics, such as concurrent use of specific medications, are reviewed by Back and Orme. Other factors kwn to affect endogeus steroid dynamics are presented in chapters by Bradlow, Longcope, Goldin and Sw, because of their possible role in contraceptive steroid pharmacokinetics.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/10/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleReproductive Biology
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight537 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byPeter Hall,Rachel Snow
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1994
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.