All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.96
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionA naturalist's equivalent to the Dangerous Book for Boys , this title will include tips on everything from beachcombing, srkelling and building your own hedgehog hotel to tree climbing, natural foods and how to make traps for insects and mammals. This hands-on guide to enjoying nature is filled with practical advice on how to get involved with wildlife. It has a British/rth European focus and will give ideas on wildlife-watching and other activities in different habitats, including coast, mountains, heathland, garden, wetland, woodland and farmland. Alongside the practical advice relating to bushcraft and survival are suggestions about how to get close to nature, for example through mountain-biking and climbing. It will carry an important conservation message.
- Author BiographyExperienced naturalist Steve Backshall has studied wildlife for many years and has travelled extensively across the world to see creatures in their natural habitat. He began his presenting career on BBC TV's Really Wild Show, and is receiving increasing levels of exposure - he has fronted primetime wildlife documentaries and is currently a regular on BBC 1's The One Show. He has two big series due to air on the BBC and Discovery in 2009. Steve recently authored Venom for New Holland.
- Author(s)Steve Backshall
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNew Holland Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date20/04/2016
- Content Note150 colour images
- Width190 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.